Medical Assistant - Pediatrics
Looking for a Foreign/ International Medical Graduate for the position of a medical assistant.
- Taking vitals (height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, and pulse).
- Documenting patients information in the Electronic Health Records
- Documenting vaccinations administered in I-CARE (Illinois Comprehensive Automated Immunization Registry)
- Question the patient about their general health as well as the specifics of the need for the current visit.
- Maintain appropriate level of medical supplies and vaccinations.
- Scheduling appointments
- Verifying insurance with each patient check in
- Pharmacy messages & patient prescription refill requests - take messages off of voice mail each hour, and document the time and date each message was received and any action taken in the patient's chart.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: St. Bernard's Ambulatory Care Center, Chicago, IL.
We provide gown, masks and gloves to all employees. Employees and patients are screened prior to entering the Ambulatory Care Center.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Send your CV to
Dr. Clara Akhigbe, MD