Howard University Hospital Department of General Surgery located in Washington, DC has an opening beginning July 1, 2019 for a PGY-II Preliminary Residency Position. Qualified applicants must have: a. graduated from an accredited medical school in good standing b. completed at least one year of residency in an ACGME accredited program. c. There is no time limit to your graduation date from a program; although you must account for all your time since graduation on your CV. d. No part of your application documents, process, or scores may be substituted. Foreign Medical Graduates must have: a. valid ECFMG certificate. Interested and qualified candidates must submit required documentation by Friday, April 20, 2019 to be considered for this vacancy.
*** Qualified applicants will be contacted via email (ONLY) *** **
(Please DO NOT call, visit or fax as you will be DISQUALIFIED from the application pool) **
A single PDF file must contain below listed documentation in numerical order: no multi-attachments
(1) Subject Line: 2019 PGY-II Preliminary Position: Resident Name
(1) Current Curriculum Vitae
(2) ERAS application
(3) USMLE scores (Step I, II, and III) ** 230 or greater on First Attempt for all Steps **
(4) ABSITE scores (all training years in a Program) ** 30% or greater
(5) Three current letters of recommendation, (one of which must be from current Program Director)
(6) Medical School transcript, Diploma, and Dean's letter (LCME approved Medical School)
(7) ACGME Case Logs and Defined Category Report
(8) Annual Competency-based Summative Evaluations(s) from Program Director (all training years)
(9) List of previously completed rotations (all training years)
(10) ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
NOTE: HUH no longer sponsors H1-B visas.
(11) Current ACLS, BLS, ATLS and PALS certifications.
***A single PDF file must contain listed documentation in numerical order: no multi-attachments. Emails containing multi attachments will not be opened or reviewed. ***