The Department of Surgery at The University of California, San Francisco has one (1) ACGME accredited CATEGORICAL position available at the PGY3 level scheduled to start June 21st, 2019. All applicants must have successfully completed two years of ACGME general surgery residency training and be in good standing.
NOTE: In view of the current time-line for obtaining a Visa, we are unable to sponsor a Visa for these positions.
• Successfully completed TWO years of US clinical experience in an ACGME accredited general surgery residency training program and be in good standing.
• Foreign Medical Graduates must have a valid:
o ECFMG certificate
(Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
o PTAL (Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter) –
Medical Board of CA
APPLICATION MATERIALS REQUIRED TO APPLY:
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. Brief Personal Statement
3. Medical School Diploma and Transcript
4. Dean's Letter
5. USMLE Parts I, II, III scores
6. ABSITE scores and reports for ALL years completed
7. Three (3) current Letters of Recommendation. Prior to any final decision to offer a position, a letter from the current Program Director will be required.
8. Competency-Based Evaluations for ALL completed rotations
9. Current ACGME case log, including the “Defined Category” Operative Report
10. ACLS and ATLS certification
ONLY complete applications (all items noted above received) will be considered/reviewed.
Qualified applicants should submit the following materials in a SINGLE PDF with their contact information via email to: 2019_Op.email@example.com
by WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3rd.
Please name the single PDF file as follows: LastName_FirstName_2019PGY3
Applicants considered competitive for the position will be invited for an interview with Faculty, Program Director, Associate Program Directors, Chair and Residents