The General Surgery Residency Program at Akron City Hospital, Summa Health System in Akron, OH, has an available position for a
Categorical PGY-4 to start on July 1, 2019.
Qualified applicants must be in good academic standing and
be actively enrolled in a general surgery training program as a PGY-3
or higher with no gap in training.
Training must have taken place in no more than two training
programs prior this appointment.
Only completed applications will be considered.
The deadline to apply is March 31, 2019.
Information on our Program and the Medical Education Department, including example contracts, eligibility requirements, and
house staff benefits, are located here: https://www.summahealth.org/medicaleducation.
Do not call the program to check on your application status, you will contacted for more information if we are interested.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents in a single PDF by email to Residency Program Manager, Jackie Williams, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Letter of Interest and a Statement
as to why you are leaving your current program.
2) Current Curriculum Vitae.
3) Medical School Diploma.
4) Medical School Transcript (MSPE) / Dean’s Letter.
5) USMLE Scores, Steps 1, 2 and 3 (all passed on first attempt).
6) ABSITE Reports for all years.
7) Defined Category and Minimums Report and the Resident Operative Report by Year.
8) Competency-Based Summative Evaluation for Current Year of Training (Summative program director semiannual evaluations accepted)
9) ACGME Milestone Reports for last two semi-annual evaluation cycles.
10) List of Completed Rotations for All Years of Training.
11) Three Letters of Recommendation from the current residency program including the Program Director and two letters of reference
from current program faculty.
12) Non-US Graduates must have Valid ECFMG Certification and
J-1 Visa Status Only – No Exceptions!